For other folks with insomnia or similar conditions, no matter how hard they try, they just can't fall asleep. Whether you have a perfect sleeping schedule, or you have a wacky one like 99.9% of humans on earth, RCSS Resurrect-PM has a lot to offer you.
Stages three and (most importantly) four is where the magic happens. These are the deep-sleep stages, during which you'll likely have your most vivid dreams. But while you're busy dreaming about that hot chick you saw at the store earlier, your body is hard at work repairing muscular damage by producing anabolic hormones, regenerating tissue and strengthening your immune and nervous systems.
Each stage can last from five to 15 minutes, meaning each full cycle can last anywhere from 20-60 minutes. In theory, you'd want to maximize the amount of REM cycles you go through each night in order to maximize the recovery potential of the sleep you're getting. More cycles = more time spent in stages three and four = optimal levels of natural growth hormones.
The thing is, as you age, or after years of sleeping for shorter than you should, you spend more time in the lighter sleep stages. Stages one and two elongate, making the entire cycle longer. The result? Less total cycles during sleep, and less time spent in the all-important third and fourth stages.
After reading that, you may think you're doomed to a life of crappy sleep cycles and, as a result, your sleep giving you less and less recovery in return. Not so fast!
No matter if you consistently get eight hours a night, or if you get five to six like the rest of humanity, Resurrect-PM, RCSS's signature sleep aid and the number one ranked recovery supplement according to Stack3d.com, can help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep for longer periods and optimize the speed and amount of REM cycles you experience during sleep.
- Mucuna Pruriens (bean): Mucuna Pruriens contain L-DOPA, which is a precursor to dopamine in the body. This neurotransmitter floods your brain as a response to a reward behavior. A good workout will stimulate a dopamine release, as will an awesome slice of cake. Dopamine has a huge hand in the release of GH and testosterone, and it can also improve mood, libido and motor skills. Dopamine can also act as a vasodilator by inhibiting norepinephrine and can reduce insulin production (ideal during sleep).
- GABA: Gamma-Aminobutryic Acid is another naturally occurring neurotransmitter that supports natural hormone production. Most notably, GABA can encourage GH secretion during sleep. GABA has also been linked to improved mood, relaxation and more restful sleep. The only problem with GABA may be it's ability to cross the blood-brain barrier (a.k.a. be utilized by the brain). But...
- Phenibut: ...This derivative of GABA has an additional phenyl ring which allows it to cross the blood-brain barrier with ease. The benefits of phenibut mimic GABA, and it also exerts nootropic (cognitive enhancing) effects. You get a one-two punch of the proven impact of GABA and the additional benefits of a more usable form of it in phenibut.
- L-Arginine: What used to be the cornerstone of the preworkout category is actually much more useful as a sleep aid. Arginine inhibits the action of a hormone that blunts the release of GH, allowing the body to produce more. It can also decrease blood pressure and increase blood flow, which promotes muscular relaxation, and it can also encourage a gain in lean mass with a simultaneous loss in fat mass.
- Creatine Gluconate: Good old creatine bound to glucose. In theory, this bind allows for faster and more complete absorption in the intestines. Supplemental creatine increases muscular creatine levels in the body, which allows you to produce more ATP (energy) and can lead to the mass and strength gains we all know and love.
- L-Ornithine: This amino acid is generally paired with arginine (comprising two thirds of the Urea Cycle) to have an additive effect on GH release during sleep. It can also reduce fatigue, reduce cortisol levels and reduce ammonia levels in the body.
- L-Phenylalanine: A precursor for Tyrosine in the body. L-Tyrosine has been linked to reduced stress levels and an increased production in dopamine. It has also been shown to have nootropic effects of improving focus and memory.
- L-Theanine: A non-dietary amino acid that is structurally similar to GABA. Theanine "takes the edges off" by promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels. It has also been shown to improve sleep quality.
- HICA: A synonym for Leucic Acid, HICA is a metabolite of the branched chain amino acid Leucine. The anabolic properties of HICA mirror those of Leucine: reduced muscle soreness (DOMS), reduced muscle breakdown and increased lean mass.
For more information on these ingredients, I encourage you to use one of my favorite research tools, Examine.com, to do some digging of your own!
If you're serious about maximizing your time spent between the sheets and turning your crazy dreamz into crazy gainz, Resurrect-PM is for you. All of the ingredients listed above will ensure you wake up refreshed, recovered and rejuvenated; not only will you be ready to attack the weights again, but you'll be able to take on the day at your fullest potential. And unlike many other sleep aids on the market today, you don't have to deal with the lethargy of a "sleep hangover" the next morning.
As the label states, take one scoop within a half an hour of sleep with six to eight ounces of water. There are a few caveats: you're not going to want to eat (especially carbs) within an hour or two of taking Resurrect, as insulin production by your body will delay the production of growth hormone during sleep. GH and insulin cannot coexist in your body, and it takes a few hours after your blood sugar clears before your body revs up the hormonal engines again.
Secondly, the label also states to use Resurrect in a five day on, two day off pattern. This is to stave off dependency, and to decrease the likelihood you'll become tolerant to any of the ingredients.
Resurrect-PM is available in Blue Razz Dream, Midnight Grape and Strawberry Watermelon (my favorite). By using the promo code Joe40 at ronniecolemanstore.net, you can snag Resurrect-PM for $41.99 and FREE shipping. It's also available at TigerFitness.com among other fine carriers.